Looking for a taste of nostalgia or new treats? Magnolia Gold Label has you covered
`For those who grew up in the 70s and 80s, a trip to the Magnolia Ice Cream House on Aurora Boulevard in Quezon City was a treat to look forward to. Life’s major milestones were celebrated there - a birthday, graduation, first date, a family reunion or even just a weekend outing. The rich, sweet, fruity flavors of banana splits, parfaits, and cobblers, combined with the warm and wholesome atmosphere, make up many unforgettable memories.
Fast forward to the present, and with the summer heat and rainy season humidity causing discomfort and unease, ice cream has become a welcome indulgence, and source of comfort. That there are now multitudes of brands and flavors, all easily accessible via delivery services, shows that ice cream continues to be a favorite treat of Filipinos, regardless of age.
Yet, decades since the original ice cream house closed, Magnolia Ice Cream remains an enduring, well-loved name, with its rich, solid heritage that extends all the way back to 1899, when an American cook in the United States army, is said to have first introduced the brand to local customers.
Today, Magnolia Ice Cream marks another milestone in its history as it upgrades its entire range of products to Magnolia Gold Label. The use of the classic Gold Label brand means all ice cream flavors are of premium quality, using fresh carabao’s milk, and certified pure with no artificial flavors added.
“As an integral part of every Filipino’s rich heritage, Magnolia has always taken pride in offering ice cream lovers the best of the best. By transforming Magnolia Ice Cream into Magnolia Gold Label, we ensure that every spoonful of our product is carefully crafted and contains premium ingredients. This is the mark of a truly world-class Filipino ice cream,” says Imee Dumaual, Group Product Manager of Magnolia Gold Label.
Through Magnolia Gold Label, the Magnolia story continues into a new era. For both long-time fans of the classic brand and today’s younger generation of consumers, the brand aims to evoke the simple joys of having delicious, premium quality ice cream, made by Filipinos for Filipinos.
Magnolia Gold Label comes in over twenty creamy flavors, all made with fresh Carabao’s milk and with no artificial flavors. It has the classics like Vanilla, Chocolate, Ube, Avocado, Mango, Cookies & Cream, Double Dutch, Rocky Road, and exciting new flavors that include Choco Peanut Butter, S’mores, Avocado Macchiato, Wintermelon Milk Tea, Tablea Yema, Taro White Cheese, Kesong Puti, Latte Choco Brownie, Ube Keso and Mango Dark Chocolate.
Magnolia Gold Label is available in all leading supermarkets and online through The SMC Hub at https://thehub.sanmiguel.com.ph, Lazada, Shopee, Rarefood, Freshmart.ph, Frozen MNL, Ice Box MNL and Instamart.
Treating yourself to a pint (or tub) of Magnolia Gold Label Ice Cream? Upgrade each scoop by trying these five delectable recipes that are guaranteed to melt your ice cream-loving heart every time you indulge.
FUNNEL ICE CREAM SANDWICH
200g pack Magnolia Pancake and Waffle Mix
1/3 cup cornstarch
½ cup water
1 pc Magnolia Brown Egg
1 cup cooking oil
200 grams bittersweet chocolate, grated
5 scoops Magnolia Gold Label Ice Cream Ube
- Mix pancake mix, cornstarch, water, and egg in a bowl. Transfer batter into a squeeze bottle.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Gently squeeze the bottle gradually swirling the batter outward in circular motion, or criss-cross back and forth to make about 3” rounds. Fry until golden brown, turning once with a tong. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate then dip one side of funnel cake into melted chocolate. Sandwich one scoop of ice cream between two funnel cakes. Freeze before serving.
Makes 5 servings.
GOOEY DOUBLE DUTCH ICE CREAM SANDWICH
8 pc chocolate chip cookies
1 cup chocolate spread
4 scoops Magnolia Gold Label Ice Cream Double Dutch
½ cup sprinkles or nuts
- Arrange 4 pieces of cookies on a tray with the flat surface facing up.
- Apply chocolate spread on the flat surface of the 4 cookies then add one scoop of the ice cream.
- Use another cookie to sandwich the ice cream then roll the ice cream portion in sprinkles or nuts.
- Consume immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
GRILLED PINEAPPLES WITH CARAMEL SAUCE ALA MODE
1 whole pineapple, peeled then sliced
¼ cup softened Magnolia Gold Butter Unsalted
¼ cup brown sugar
6 scoops Magnolia Gold Label Ice Cream Vanilla
½ cup coarsely chopped peanut brittle
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp corn syrup
250ml pack Magnolia All-Purpose Cream
¼ cup Magnolia Gold Butter Unsalted
6 pcs barbecue skewers
- Skewer each pineapple then brush with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar. Grill until caramelized. Set aside.
- Caramel Sauce: In a saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup and cook over medium heat until amber in color. Slowly stir in cream. Mix well. Turn off heat then add butter. Mix and let cool. Transfer to a squeeze bottle.
- Top each grilled pineapple with a scoop of ice cream then drizzle with caramel sauce. Sprinkle peanut brittle on top.
Makes 6 servings.
ROCKY ROAD AND HONEYCOMB CRUNCH
5 scoops Magnolia Gold Label Ice Cream Rocky Road
store bought whipped cream
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup water
2 ½ tsp baking soda
- To make the honeycomb candy, line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment/wax paper.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in a medium saucepan. Mix until sugar is dissolved and bring to a boil over medium heat. When it reaches 300°F, remove from heat and stir in baking soda until completely combined but do not over mix.
- Spread onto a jelly roll pan and cool down for about 1 hour. Break into pieces and serve.
- Scoop ice cream into a large bowl/serving boat. Top with whipped cream and arrange chunks of honeycomb candy in between ice cream scoops and sprinkle with coarsely crushed honeycomb candy on top.
Makes 1-2 servings.
1.5 L tub Magnolia Gold Label Ice Cream Avocado Macchiato
250 ml pack Magnolia Full Cream Milk
250 g pack Magnolia All-Purpose Cream, chilled and whipped
Assortment of toppings: wafer, pretzel sticks colored sugar, pastel colored candy sprinkles, gummy bears
- In a blender, combine ingredients for milkshake and blend until smooth. Pour in tall glasses.
- Pour whipped cream in piping bag with star tip. Pipe into milkshake.
- Assemble toppings as desired.
Make 6 servings.